Attending the event will be the following:
- Alberto Kaneda – President of PGA Mexico
- Mike Wright - PGA President Southwest Section
- Andrew Gilchrist - Peninsula de Cortes Golf Course Manager
- Alejandro Ruiz - General Manager Mayan Palace, Puerto Penasco
- Vito Berlingeri - PGA Marketing Director Southwest Section
- Carlos Mora – Vice President of Public & Institutional Relations Grupo Vidanta
- Fernando Antillon - General Manager of the International Airport of the Sea of Cortes
- Javier Tapia - General Coordinator for the Tourism Committee, state of Sonora
The Uniting Nations Cup will consist of teams competing from PGA Mexico and Southwest Section PGA with the participation of approximately 100 golfers, 20 of which will be professionals (10 Mexican and 10 from the U.S.), along with 40 high caliber amateurs from each country to level the playing field and ensure competitive yet exciting playoffs.
About Grupo Vidanta
Founded by Daniel Chavez Moran in 1974, Grupo Vidanta has evolved for more than 35 years into one of Mexico's leading developers of hotels and resorts, golf courses, vacation ownership, and tourism infrastructure, including Mexico's first privately built and owned international airport at Puerto Penasco. For American travelers, Grupo Vidanta offers a choice of full-service luxury beach resorts in Mexico's finest beaches, under the Grand Luxxe, Ocean Breeze, Sea Garden, Mayan Palace and The Grand Mayan brands. In the near future, new hospitality brands will include The Bliss, The Grand Bliss and Mansions of the World. Grupo Vidanta's Mayan Island has built and sold over 2,000 second homes. For further information see www.grupovidanta.com.
SOURCE Grupo Vidanta