Friday, January 14, 2011

Attractions Of Puerto Peñasco!

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

Last week's piece about my idea for a new bar in Puerto Peñasco didn’t stir any enthusiasm whatsoever so I can only conclude that I obviously didn’t ‘paint-the-picture’ sufficiently so that everyone would have understood that, promoted properly, it would have been a super colossal tourist attraction and people the world over would come here just to see ‘it’!

Okay, I can take a ‘hint’. But then that got me to thinking about tourist attractions elsewhere in Mexico, like the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza or the divers of La Quebrada or the gray whales migration of Southern Baja, that are not found in PP. And although we have the Pinacate Biosphere, etc. I’m wondering what else we have that people the world over would want to come here and experience.


Sure, there are the beaches but Mexico has thousands of miles of beaches. And there is the food, sauces etc., but that too is pretty much covered country wide. And we surely don’t have the traditional colonial style city to offer up…

As such, I’m looking for that extra something special, something unique that we have to offer, and I need some suggestions because I’ve decided to aggressively start an online marketing blitz to promote our little slice of paradise to the masses (millions) using social-media forums, etc. and see if I can get some of ‘em to visit Peñasco.

So help me out Amigas and Amigos. If anyone has any ideas that I can share (promote)-- starting with the baby-booming gang in the greater S.W. USA-- that they’ll surely like, appreciate and want to come for a ‘visit’, toss the old Gypsy a bone or two and let's see where it takes us.

Say, did I tell ya about my idea for a bar (LOL)?

¡Viva Puerto Peñasco y México!

elgitanopenasco@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain