There are a couple of things I'd like to bring to your attention today: A charity that badly needs your help and an amazing equestrian event to put on your calendar for April.
Let's take the charity first. Pasos de Amor (Steps of Love) - Casa Hogar Para Ninos, the orphanage in Sonoyta, is in need of your kind and generous help.
As you head down to Rocky Point - or on your way back - PLEASE stop by Vaszquez Curios & Liquors in Sonoyta and drop off your kind donations. Ask for Eric. To contact Eric (he's bilingual):
On their wish list:
- Childrens' clothing - ages 4 to 10.
- Laundry soap.
- Bath supplies.
- Shower curtain/s.
- Arts & crafts materials.
- School supplies.
- Office supplies and equipment.
- Toys - in good condition, please.
- Canned non-perishable foods.
- Volunteers - your time, attention and love are priceless.
- Churches, organizations and individuals that will step up and be supporting sponsors and donors to help these beautiful angels.
- Sponsor a child for $20 per month or $1 per day.
- Adoptions opportunities.
- Cash donations also accepted.
Now on to the Equestrian Event. I hesitate to call it a "horse show" because this event is so very unique.
At KM 13, off Fremont Blvd between Playa Encanto and the Mayan development, there is a private ranch owned by Miguel Guevara. In conjunction with Puerta Privada, Sr. Guevara has generously provided his time and talents (and his ranch!) three times already to help raise money for various causes by putting on this very special "horse show" at his ranch. The first one was private for the owners at Puerta Privada. The second was a fundraiser where all the money raised was used to buy food for 1500 food bags, and the final one was for the kids' school music program.
In April he will do it again, with the money going to promote tourism to Puerto Penasco this time.
There will be dancing horses of astonishing beauty; charro roping; and, back by popular request, Pastor Tab Gray has been asked to sing for us. But that's not all: Include music, dancing, drinks, great food,and who knows what else!
Here are the details:
- Equestrian Horseshow
- April 2, 2011
- General Admission is $40, or $75 for VIP seating.
- Gates will open at 5PM with the show beginning at 6PM.
So now you can plainly see this is no cheesy event!!! Buy your tickets now and plan to be there on April 2! Let's fill those seats up!!!
For reservations contact:
PUERTAPRIVADA@PRODIGY.NET.MX OR STOP BY OR CALL THE PUERTA PRIVADA MODEL ON SANDY BEACH, (638)-102-3075.