Friday, October 23, 2009

Los niños de Puerto Peñasco!

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

It should be no secret that I am big on promoting RP because unlike those who think that Peñasco is already over-developed I believe that we haven’t even scratched the surface and if Puerto Peñasco is to have a bright future it will not come about from those (mostly) lethargic sideliners sitting around their favorite watering hole talking about them thar good old days!

Being a Gringo I take the perspective that if I were a National and had the responsibility of raising my children and supporting them in a lifestyle they rightfully deserve then I want the City (State/Fed) coffers filled to the brim so that our community leaders can develop an infrastructure that will support my kids y nietos for generations to come.

I’d want better hospitals, schools, job opportunities, roads, street lights, etc. because I wouldn’t want my children to have to (or want to) head north, south, east or west for a better lifestyle because we could have it all right here-- if as a community we put our minds, backbones and muscle into creating a region that can be “All It Can Be”!

What I find objectionable about those who oppose controlled growth in Rocky Point is that they are usually the very ones driving around in their new gas guzzling SUVs, Hummers or F-250s, have a nice little retirement income, a nest egg, maybe paid cash for their casita and can scoot up to AZ any time they stub their poor little toe so they can sit in a plush doctor’s office (clinic, hospital) being pampered while boasting about ‘the good’ life they live in Mexico!

Then, with the $1,750 band-aid applied to their gut wrenching wound they sign the last insurance form and with a "Hi-ho hasta luego, doctor" they jump in their SUV, run down to Wal-Mart, Costco and maybe Safeway to stock up on another month’s supply and rush back to Peñasco to ‘live among the people'!

¿Cómo se dice en Inglés “hipócritas”?

¡Viva México y Puerto Peñasco!

Email me: El Gitano Penasco
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain