Friday, November 26, 2010

A Survey for Puerto Peñasco

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

I thought it might be interesting to find out among those who read ‘The Tides’ why it is they selected PP as either their primary or secondary home away from home…

As I mentioned last week, this past six months or so not a week goes by whereby I don’t receive an inquiry from someone who seems to be interested in moving, retiring and purchasing property here and although I rarely inquire as to their motive the inquiries nonetheless have stimulated my interest.

For example, some of you I know personally and understand your reasons for choosing Peñasco over other locations within this great nation but now my curiosity has peaked so I thought it would be fun to find out why the ‘masses’ are selecting our seaside community.

So post your reasons here on ‘The Tides’ (or e-mail me and I’ll ‘report’) as to what your motivation was (is), whether you’ve traveled to and/or considered other destinations within Mexico and whether you plan on living (and/or retiring) here for the ‘duration’, etc., or if this is just a short term life ‘experience’…

It would also be interesting to hear from those who were born and/or raised in Peñasco (or other parts of Mexico) as to why you, too, have selected to make PP your ‘home’. And if you have a ‘biz’ going on let us know that, too, in case we want to drop by, say Hola and spend some pesos this Holiday Season…

In the meantime I hope you all had an ¡Acción de gracias feliz!

¡Viva Puerto Peñasco y México!

elgitanopenasco@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain