Friday, December 24, 2010

Feliz Navidad Puerto Peñasco!

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

I wanted to wish all a very Merry Christmas and thank everyone who has taken time this year to read ‘Rocky Point Tides’ as well as those who’ve e-mailed me their thoughts, perspectives and suggestions including some of you who’ve suggested, at times, I’ve lost my mind!

This Christmas we’ll be out of town as my one and only Sister has become a ‘Grand-Ma’ for the very first time and has put her foot down insisting that we (and everyone in the ‘tribe’) spend Christmas with the newest edition to the Familia!

Not sure, though, what to get ‘Jr.’ for a first time Xmas gift and a very warm ¡Bienvenido al universo! but I was thinking that a bottle of fine Tequila and a crystal shot glass sealed in a box with a glass front and a message on it that says ‘Break Only During An Emergency’ might be the ticket.

However upon further reflection, even though my sister acknowledges that among the kinsfolk I stand alone as the Gypsy (or Rebel as she prefers), and with a little input on my better 1/2, I don’t think that will work so instead I opt for some more traditional gifts and will save the Tequila for any future urgent situations that might be headed our way. You know, just in case!

By the way, like some day-time talk show hosts are doing up in the ‘old-country’, upon our return to Peñasco I will be giving everyone in Puerto Peñasco who reads this week's greeting a fully paid luxury cruise around the world for two!

And all you have to do to claim your cruise, upon my return to PP, is to bring a copy of ‘this’ and meet me at my favorite watering hole during La Hora Feliz, within 72 hours of my return, and it is off on the high seas you'll go with your significant other to have the time of your life!

Until then: ¡Feliz Navidad a todo y a toda una noche buena!


¡Viva Puerto Peñasco y México!

elgitanopenasco@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain