Thursday, January 20, 2011

Avocado Chicken Quesadillas


I've been seeing a lot of commercials on TV lately for "Avocados from Mexico" (along with some recipes), so I finally hauled myself to their website to take a look and darned if there aren't an awful lot of great looking recipes!

I browsed around in there for quite some time, and finally bookmarked the site to come back to another time. But not before I grabbed this recipe for Avocado Chicken Quesadillas. I love quesadillas, I love avocados, I love chicken. So hey! I fixed them for supper the next night (using avocados from Mexico!), and I'm here to tell you they're top notch!

Since I didn't make any changes to the recipe when I cooked it, I'll give it to you word for word. And the photo is from that website, too. I take no credit for any of this other than the fine dinner it turned into! Be sure to visit their website for more, including an avocado mac & cheese dish that looks very appetizing!

AVOCADO CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
Makes 4 quesadillas

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons limejuice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
  • 1 fully ripened avocado from Mexico pitted, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
  • 4 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches each)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, the lime juice and cumin. Add chicken and avocado; toss gently. Lay tortillas on a baking sheet; brush both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon chicken and avocado mixture on each tortilla, dividing evenly; top with cheese. Fold tortillas in half to cover filling. Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 8 minutes. If desired, serve with salsa.

Simple fresh ingredients, simple preparation, simply delicious!

Buen provecho!

If you have a favorite recipe for a Mexican or Mexican-inspired dish, I'd love to add it to our recipe box! email lahuerita2@gmail.com (and put "recipe" in the subject box so I'll know what it's about)
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain