Friday, April 8, 2011

Memo To Peñasco!

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

Some of you may recall from last week’s clairvoyant ramblings, that while staring into my shew stone I announced I was going on the road up north for my last shot of cool weather, etc. before summer sets in in Peñasco this year.

But I’m not going to make it as far north as I planned. I became homesick for Peñasco (and Mexico) within 24 hours after crossing the border and being back in the ‘old-country’.


These people up here are just too damn uptight for my liking and many of the places I’ve stopped at (restaurants, motel/hotels, gas stations, etc.) I have found no shortage of people who are not such happy campers!

Yes, we have ‘issues’ in Peñasco (and Mexico) as well, but up here a lot of folks also seem downright permanently upset or mad and their social skills leave a lot to be desired (to say the least). Oops, that means they are rude, indifferent, no enthusiasm and could care less that you are a customer, without whom they’d have no paychecks.

Actually, I do understand what many of these otherwise good people are experiencing and I’m not going to get all philosophical (today) but I for one am very grateful to the people of Peñasco (and Mexico) for graciously allowing me to call both home!

Until then always remember to keep your powder dry; let your minds and hearts remain open, go out tonight and look at the stars over Peñasco, pop open a cold one, enjoy a fish taco and be very thankful you are where you are. Then get up the next morning and do something to make things better for yourself and everyone else!

A Gypsy can always dream!

¡Viva Puerto Peñasco y México!

elgitanopenasco@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain