Friday, March 2, 2012

Soaring Off To Peñasco!

-by El Gitano Peñasco, "The Peñasco Gypsy"

While riding on my Vardo through the desert last week and singing some Romani tunes I came across what looked like some kind of wild mushrooms growing next to a couple of odd looking green plants and found myself thinking; ‘hmmm, prepared properly those just might make for some interesting condiments.’

So I plucked a bunch up and later at my campsite, in true Gypsy fashion, I prepared my evening meal and lo! and behold not only was the concoction mucho delicioso but surprisingly about 20 minutes after I finished my dinner I came up with a really ‘far out’ idea to market Peñasco!


And that scheme is to suggest we need a daily ‘Airship’ service flying from the greater Phoenix area down here at a low altitude and at about 60 miles per hour; oh, you may know the word ‘Airship’ by the more common name of a passenger Blimp and before you think I’ve lost my ‘beads’ consider the following.

Over on the west coast of the USA in California they offer these exact same kinds of flights out of San Francisco, San Diego and L.A. for mostly sightseeing and/or tourist activities. Also keep in mind the already proven promotional (aka: advertising-marketing) component of Airships that companies like Goodyear use to promote their brand name and advantage.

Now just image the ‘traffic’ stopper up in the greater Phoenix area as the Rocky Point bound Airship is cruising along at a low altitude and thousands and thousands of people look up and bellow; ‘Look! Up in the sky. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, Lois, it is the (daily) 10:06 A.M. ‘Puerto Peñasco Express’!

Okay, I really wasn’t out in the desert roaming about last week and I never came across any mushrooms (other than a can of Campbell’s Mushroom Soup from the store) or odd looking plants; but I’m telling ya, from a promotional-marketing perspective the Puerto Peñasco Express would be a resounding ‘hit’!

And don’t worry Amigos y Amigas because Airships these days are very safe and accidents like the well-known and highly publicized Hindenburg incident of 75 years ago just don’t happen. And that one by the way was mainly due to very bad weather conditions and poor judgment.

Now, should you dislike the idea or fail to grasp the marketing potential of an Airship service providing round trip flights back and forth, then at least give some thought to having groups of 5 or 6 Hot Air Balloons flying down daily (and returning) so we can keep reminding people up North to come and have a great time in Mexico on the beautiful Sea of Cortez and the wonderful beaches of Puerto Peñasco!

A Gypsy can always dream!

¡Viva Puerto Peñasco y México!

Gypsy

elgitanopenasco@gmail.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain